Call: (405) 340-1120 or (800) 522-7155
Voted "Edmond's Favorite Travel Agency"
1. Do you book for groups?
· Yes! From 5 to 500, we can take care of your Family Reunions, Class Reunions, Church Groups, Travel Clubs, Affinity Travel Groups & Mission Trips to name a few. We will work closely with our service providers to ensure your group goals are met.
2. Are there Senior Citizen discounts for my travel plans?
· Many suppliers do offer Senior Citizen discounts. We will have to review the locations of travel and those service providers to determine if they indeed offer discounts and if they apply to your trip purchase.
3. What’s the difference between booking with a travel agent and an online booking website?
· Most online websites are paid by the vendors and suppliers to carry their product on that website. That does not necessarily mean the product has been verified by the online booking website. As travel agents, we try to listen to what you are actually wanting and book you with one of our trusted service providers. Some of our providers we have used for over 20 years, meaning that they will take good care of you. We also care about our clients experience and will be here to help you in any way we can.
4. Are all purchases placed into one booking and charged a single transaction fee?
· Fees for airline travel are paid separate from the remainder of the trip as they need to be booked as soon as possible to secure your seat and lock in pricing. All other transactions for your trip can usually be combined for easy payments until Final Payment is due.
5. Are there cheaper alternatives to the selections you are making for my trip?
· We typically do not choose the “cheapest” option available for our clients as they are indeed “cheap” which can and most likely will result in a poor traveling experience. We can certainly look into other options, but our first choice is a balance between quality and price equating to what we hope will be the optimal choice for your trip.
6. Do I have to pay for my trip immediately?
· Typically airfare is paid immediately as we need to secure the seat and the price quoted. The remainder of the trip will need to be paid within 90 days of your travel as we are paying our providers to secure your reservation. This is dependent on the type of trip you booked and how far out the booking is made prior to travel. Your agent will let you know upon completion of deposit your final payment due date.
7. What days of the week are the least expensive for travel?
· Again, this depends on where you are traveling to and what time of year. During High Season which is considered the Summer months (MAY-AUG) when kids are out of school, that is going to be more expensive based on demand, this applies to holidays as well (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Break, etc.). Traveling during the Low Season (Sep-Feb) can get you better pricing on rooms, tours, etc. however, you might have a higher chance running into issues with weather.
8. Where can I find the best hotel deals?
· We always work to get our clients the best hotel deals possible! That is why we have so many providers around the world that know us and take care of our clients from beginning to end.
9. How much is the penalty fee for cancellations?
· Penalty Fees are based on the type of trip booked and how close to your departure date you are when making that decision. That is why we always recommend Travel Insurance, which we can provide through our office.
Air Travel Questions
10. Can I bring extra luggage?
· Most airlines allow for one carry-on and one personal item free of charge. Checked bags usually incur a fee and will be dependent on travel destination, airline and current policies at time of travel. Certainly anything above two checked bags will result in extra charges.
11. Can I save money by flying at different times of the day?
· The myth of the perfect day and time is just that, a myth. Airlines change their prices almost hourly and in some cases within minutes. It’s best to book as far in advance as possible, but there is not a perfect time or day to save money booking your airfare.
12. Can I change the dates on my ticket or destination?
· Ticket changes will always be based on availability and the Terms & Conditions associated with your ticket. Your agent can find out your options and what fees apply when you contact them to inquire about a change of plans. Penalty fees usually apply when making a change to a confirmed flight booking.
13. Do airlines allow name changes on airline tickets?
· Once the ticket is issued, the name on the airline ticket cannot be changed and it cannot be transferred to another individual. Based on current airline policies, tickets are non-transferrable.
14. How do I find the foreign exchange rate for my currency?
· Under the “Customer Service” and then “Travel Resources” tabs on our website, you will find a currency converter tool. There are also many websites that provide exchange rates such as http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/ which produces live exchange rates.
15. Is my airline ticket refundable?
· Most tickets are not refundable. If you want a refundable ticket, it is typically three times more expensive than a non-refundable ticket. If you really don’t know if you will be able to make the trip, it may be worth the extra expense, but we typically do not recommend it. Most non-refundable tickets can be cancelled and the credit utilized one year from the date of purchase. However, you will have to pay change fees and difference of fare depending on where you rebook. Travel Insurance can help offset some of these costs.
16. When should I buy my airline ticket?
· As soon as possible! Waiting until the last minute can limit your itinerary choices, seat selection and result in higher prices. Every now and then there is an airfare SALE to select destinations and we try to promote those to our clients through our Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter). So, go LIKE/FOLLOW us for up-to-date information or feel free to call us at any time.
17. How do I get a VISA?
· There are many ways to procure Visa’s these days. It will depend on where you are traveling to and for how long. You can get an idea on what you will need at www.CIBTvisa.com.
18. Do I need a Passport or a VISA?
· If you are traveling outside of the United States, you certainly need a Passport and one that will not expire within 6 months of your return. VISAs are required in certain countries so we will need to discuss where you want to travel to determine if a VISA will be required. You can always visit www.CIBTvisa.com to check in the meantime.
19. What documents should I take with me on my trip?
· For most of our trips you will be provided with travel documents from your travel agent (e.g. Cruise documents, Trip Itinerary, Tour Vouchers, etc.). The only things needed for airline check-in currently are; up-to-date identification and your confirmation number which we would provide to you.
20. Do I need travel insurance?
· We highly recommend obtaining travel insurance for many reasons. We have had too many instances where individuals are injured or become sick while traveling and need medical attention OR something happens prior to their trip and they are unable to go leaving them without the money already paid toward the trip. We recommend you at least consider travel insurance and look at the options that we will present to you. Insurance does have to be purchased within 14 days from the initial payment towards the trip (ex. Deposit, airfare, etc.) for pre-existing conditions to apply. One of our agents will be happy to answer any questions you might have.
21. What are some of the key precautions that I should take when traveling abroad?
· We always suggest our clients register their trips at www.step.state.gov. The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) is a free service to allow U.S. citizens and nationals traveling and living abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. We also recommend making a color copy of your passport and keeping it separate from your passport in case you lose it.
22. Do I need vaccinations to travel to my destination?
· This depends on where you are traveling. Most destinations do not require vaccinations, but there are many that do. We always recommend you check the CDC website or speak to your healthcare professional in regards to advisories or vaccine updates.