Booking a Cruise Online or
Through a Travel Agency
Many people are turning to the internet to book cruises online these days. The booking process though is very complicated if you really want to take full advantage of your voyage. You have to choose ships, itineraries, cabin categories, and dining times – so we often recommend that first time cruises and experienced travelers’ alike use a travel agent instead of booking cruises online.
Pros of Using a Travel Agent
The biggest advantage of booking a cruise through a travel agent is personalized advice from a knowledgeable source. Prime Time Travel’s agents will discuss your vacation preferences, budget and other travel needs and suggest which cruises will be the best fit based on years of experience. We will help you arrange flights and pre- or post-cruise stays, recommend the best in-port excursions and help with any special arrangements (think celebrations onboard or making arrangements for dietary and medical concerns).
Most important, it will
cost you no more than if you booked it yourself online
and we do all of the work!!!
The Benefits of Using Prime Time Travel
- We can get you the same cruise at the same price as if you booked it yourself, but we do the work.
- On many cruises, we can offer amenities that you cannot obtain on your own such as;
- Private Cocktail Receptions
- Exclusive Shore Events - whether it's a private wine tasting event with a seasoned sommelier at Heidelberg Castle, a gala concert and gourmet dinner at the Last Palace in St. Petersburg, or sampling Limoncello while learning how to make mozzarella in Sorrento, you will return from the event excited to share stories about your experience.
- Private Car & Driver - Available on select luxury departures, you will enjoy the choice of a car and driver with a tour or, car and driver - no tour or a shipboard credit to use at your discretion.
- Many more...ask our Cruise Specialists about other specials.
- We book hundreds of cruises each year, have a LARGE selection, we listen to your desires and recommend the best options for your consideration.
Cons of Using a Travel Agent
The hardest part of using a travel agent is finding a good one that is experienced and has the knowledge of the many options available. We’ve heard nightmares from clients in dealing with other agents who do it part-time and have limited access to the best cruises in the world. Prime Time Travel has booked thousands of cruises and our record and testimonies speak for themselves. We pride ourselves on providing our valued clients with the best customer service in the travel industry. We are here to serve you in every capacity possible to maximize your travel experiences.
Prime Time Travel works with nearly every cruise line in the world offering a wide selection of choices and destinations. By clicking on one of the links below this tab such as "Ocean Cruises", "River Cruises", or "Group Cruise", you will find the variety you desire to dial in to the cruise of your dreams.
Following are a list of questions you should consider to help during your search:
- Where do I want to go?
- There are options now available all over the world via ocean and river.
- How long do I want to be away?
- Some of the cruise lines specialize in shorter cruises (3-7 Days) whereas others specialize in longer (10 Days or more).
- What's my budget?
- There's a wide range in pricing based on the length, destination and time of year.
- What's my cruise personality?
- Every cruiseline has a personality...some are designed for 'fun' while others are more into 'style'.
- Am I bringing the kids?
- Some cruises focus on the family whereas others focus on couples.
- Do I mind being with a crowd?
- Some of the ships can carry up to 6,000 people. There are plenty of smaller ships as well.
- How much do I care about entertainment?
- Disney, Royal Caribbean and Norwegian for instance, put on some great shows...others put less focus on the entertainment.
- How imporant is food?
- Many cruiselines pride themselves on their food quality and selection. Some have big named Chefs, others don't.
- Do I want to get dressed up?
- More formal or chill? It's up to you, but decide before you make a selection.
- Will I get seasick?
- Now days, most cruise ships are designed for stability, but it's still a very large pond that can produce some large waves. The captains know how to avoid varying weather, but it's still the ocean. If you are prone to seasickness, choose a large ship.